- day classes available
- 15 months to complete (day)
Want to jumpstart a new career in the exciting HVAC industry? Start your HVAC training with KTI’s HVAC/R specialized degree program, an extension of our popular HVAC diploma program. You’ll gain knowledge in safety and OSHA standards, National Building Code, tools, equipment, and applied knowledge of the trade, plus extended experience in commercial HVAC, refrigeration, EPA certification, and more. You’ll learn valuable, technical, hands-on skills that every HVAC technician needs to succeed on the job, like how climate control systems work and how to regulate for building comfort, how to install and service HVAC systems, and more.
The HVAC/R specialized degree program’s module 5 focus is refrigeration; you’ll have the opportunity to obtain the Environmental Protection Agency 608 universal certification. Getting this certification will certify you as a Type I, Type II, and Type III technician and enable you to work as an HVAC/R technician with refrigerant at all pressures and appliances. After you earn your specialized degree from KTI, you’ll be prepared for a number of in-demand HVAC jobs in just 15 months. Begin your new career in the HVAC industry faster with an HVAC/R specialized degree from KTI.
- Knowledge of safety and OSHA standards for construction, National Building Code, tools, equipment, and more
- Thorough training, valuable instruction, and hands-on knowledge to qualify for HVAC positions such as entry-level trainee, technician, installer, service writer, duct mechanic, and counter person at supply warehouse
- Technical knowledge of climate control, controls, A/C systems/components, A/C design/layout, residential HVAC systems, ventilation, and installation, commercial HVAC systems, refrigerant certification, and basic/commercial refrigeration
- Take technical mathematics and business classes, develop career search techniques and strategies, and get real-world externship experience
KTI’s HVAC/R specialized degree program provides training for these careers and more.
KTI isn’t like every other career training school. Take some time to research other career schools and you’ll find that, at KTI, there’s a difference. Read More.
Student success comes first
Warm, welcoming, home-like environment
President practices an open-door policy
Staff assists you with financial aid and career placement services
Faculty members work with you so you're ready for a new career
Family-owned, so all decisions are made right on campus
Programs provide students access to the career training employers need
Degree and diploma programs provide preparation for more than 26 third-party certifications