Electrician: Residential and Commercial
- day classes available
- 18 months to complete (day)
Licensed electricians bring the electricity you need into your home and workplace. They install, maintain, repair and replace the cables, wires and connections that deliver the power we use every day. And they help make sure electrical systems are safe and secure. Does an electrician career sound like a good fit for you? Then get started today with KTI. Our specialized electrician degree program trains students for entry-level careers in the electrical industry. You’ll learn about electrical safety, trouble-shooting processes, and residential and industrial wiring systems. Get started today and you could begin your electrician career in as little as 18 months! Or even sooner with our diploma program.
- Prep for certification in Academic Core V2 (NCCT00_01), Electrician Level One (L1ELEC26_02), Commercial Electrician (COMELEC26), and Industrial Electrician (ELEC26_04) by the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)
- Apprentice program articulation to Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. (ABC) Keystone Chapter (all 4 required courses)
- 360 hours of direct, on-site experience performing electrical installation and maintenance according to the National Electrical Code requirements
- Technical, hands-on electrical knowledge in electricity fundamentals, power distribution, wiring requirements and electrical maintenance
- Learn about residential and commercial wiring systems, solar and wind power generation, and security systems
KTI’s electrician specialized degree program provides training for these careers and more.
*Additional training may be required
KTI isn’t like every other career training school. Take some time to research other career schools and you’ll find that, at KTI, there’s a difference. Read More.
Student success comes first
Warm, welcoming, home-like environment
President practices an open-door policy
Staff assists you with financial aid and career placement services
Faculty members work with you so you're ready for a new career
Family-owned, so all decisions are made right on campus
Programs provide students access to the career training employers need
Degree and diploma programs provide preparation for more than 26 third-party certifications