120 Hour – Nurse Aide Training Program
- day classes available/4-day class schedule
- 120 hours (5 weeks) to complete
Are you looking for a career in allied health, but aren’t sure if you’re ready to become a nurse? Our nurse aide training program is designed to give you CNA training in a classroom, skills lab and clinical setting. You’ll learn infection control, restorative care, behavioral health, safety and emergency preparedness, and more. But the best part? Successful completion of our nurse aide training program will prepare you to take the Nurse Aide certification exam (NNAAP™). Once you’re placed on the Pennsylvania State Nurse Aide Registry, you’ll be able to enter the workforce as a certified nurse assistant. Enroll in this exciting nurse aide training program today.
- Prepare for certification to become a certified nurse aid
- Receive instruction in role and function, communication skills, safety and emergency preparedness, client rights and independence and more
- Learn infection control, nutrition, body systems, end-of-life care, restorative care, behavioral health and care of the cognitively impaired
- 120 clock hours of nurse aide training in a classroom, skills lab and clinical setting
Why Choose our Nurse Aide Training Program?
Enrolling in our nurse aide program would be a wise career choice. But you don’t have to take our word for it. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Pennsylvania is one of the top five states with the highest nurse aide employment levels; and on a nation-wide level, nurse aide jobs have been projected to increase by 17 percent between 2014 and 2024—that’s 267,800 jobs to be exact. This is significantly higher than the national average job growth rate. If you pass the competency exam and become a certified nurse aide, your chances of finding a job look good.
The job opportunity for nurse aides is abundant, so take advantage of Keystone Technical Institute’s CNA training program to develop the skills you will need to provide basic care for patients in hospitals and nursing homes. As a certified nurse assistant, you will often be the primary caregiver for many patients and will be involved firsthand in several nurse assistant duties. Nurse aides must be able to:
- Clean and bathe patients or residents
- Turn, reposition and transfer patients between beds and wheelchairs
- Listen to and record patients’ health concerns for nurses
- Help patients eat
- Measure patients’ vital signs, including blood pressure and temperature
KTI isn’t like every other career training school. Take some time to research other career schools and you’ll find that, at KTI, there’s a difference. Read More.
Student success comes first
Warm, welcoming, home-like environment
President practices an open-door policy
Staff assists you with financial aid and career placement services
Faculty members work with you so you're ready for a new career
Family-owned, so all decisions are made right on campus
Programs provide students access to the career training employers need
Degree and diploma programs provide preparation for more than 26 third-party certifications