Sterile Processing Technician
- day classes available
- 10 months to complete (day)
The best sterile processing technicians are detail-oriented and great troubleshooters. They have strong skills in quality control and are great with their hands. Sound like you? With these talents, and Keystone Technical Institutes’ training program, you can gain the real-world skills you need to start working hands-on in the sterile instrument processing field.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, sterile processing technicians* are right on track with the national average growth in employment for all occupations, with 48,000 new jobs being created between 2014 and 2024. With the aging baby-boom population, a greater demand will be placed on health care services and the maintenance and sterilization of medical tools will remain crucial. With sterile processing certification, you can become a competitive job candidate and start your career in the health care industry.
Why Receive Your Sterile Technician Training at Keystone Technical Institute?
At Keystone Technical Institute, you will learn how to clean, decontaminate and assemble medical devices, and be eligible to test for your sterile processing technician certification. In as little as 10 months, you can complete your education and put your new skills in action at hospitals, surgical facilities and more.
- Prep for Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) by International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM)
- Grow in your knowledge of microbiology, anatomy and physiology
- Gain skills in receiving, cleaning, decontaminating, assembling, disinfecting, and sterilizing reusable devices for patient care
- Learn Censitrac instrument manager software used in local hospitals and the VA
- Become educated in medical terminology, computer usage and customer service to succeed in all aspects of the workplace environment
- Receive hands-on training and practice in our central processing lab
- Plus, you receive 400 hours of direct, on-site experience with real-life work situations in the medical field (meets the required on-the-job experience for the IAHCSMM CRCST certification)
Every day, we provide career-focused education that matches your career goals with employer needs. Our staff and faculty are experts in their fields and teach you what you need to start your career with the knowledge, skills and confidence to be a competitive job candidate. That’s how our graduates succeed, and we’re committed to keeping it that way. By choosing us for your sterile processing technician training, you will be taking a step in the right direction toward your sterile processing certification and future career.
If you are ready to take the first step toward your future, get started with us today!
*The Bureau of Labor Statistics groups all medical equipment technicians into one broad category. For more information, visit https://www.bls.gov/ooh/installation-maintenance-and-repair/medical-equipment-repairers.htm#tab-2
KTI isn’t like every other career training school. Take some time to research other career schools and you’ll find that, at KTI, there’s a difference. Read More.
Student success comes first
Warm, welcoming, home-like environment
President practices an open-door policy
Staff assists you with financial aid and career placement services
Faculty members work with you so you're ready for a new career
Family-owned, so all decisions are made right on campus
Programs provide students access to the career training employers need
Degree and diploma programs provide preparation for more than 26 third-party certifications