Medical Assistant Specialist
- day classes available
- 18 months to complete (day)
- night classes available
- 27 months to complete (night)
Are you ready to take the first step toward your medical assistant degree? Do you love caring for others? If you find yourself wanting to help others and interact with patients on a regular basis, then become a certified medical assistant with help from Keystone Technical Institute. Great medical assistants have strong critical thinking and writing skills and, most importantly, enjoy interacting with others. In just 18 months, you could earn your specialized medical assistant degree and be on your way to a successful medical assistant career.
With successful completion of the specialized certification exams under your belt, you can confidently enter a thriving industry. According the Bureau of Labor Statistics, medical assistant positions are projected to grow by 23 percent between 2014 and 2024 because the aging baby-boom generation will seek medical assistance and create a greater demand for medical professionals. Now is a better time than ever to start your career as a certified medical assistant.
How Our Medical Assistant Specialist Training Will Prepare You
Keystone Technical Institute can teach you the real-world skills you need to perform First Aid, CPR, assess vital signs, give injections, EKG tests, lab procedures, minor surgery procedures and front office tasks. With hands-on training and 360 hours of on-site experience, you’ll learn to assist physicians and nurses and be prepared to work as a certified medical assistant at medical practices, specialists’ offices and hospitals. Plus, the extra expertise you’ll learn from this specialized degree program will make you more marketable to employers.
- Prep for Certified Medical Assistant certification by American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) by American Medical Technologists (AMT); and Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA), Certified EKG Technician (CET), and Phlebotomy Technician Certification (CPT) by National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- Instruction in administering injections, blood draws and other clinical procedures
- Training in CPR, First Aid and EKG
- Instruction in assessing patients’ vital signs and assisting doctors and nurses with physical exams
- Plus, you receive 360 hours of direct, on-site experience performing clinical and administrative tasks
With Keystone Technical Institute, you will have the opportunity to develop the necessary skills for all aspects of the job, and you’ll be confident in your abilities as a medical assistant. If you’re ready to take the first step toward your medical assistant degree, get started with us today!
KTI isn’t like every other career training school. Take some time to research other career schools and you’ll find that, at KTI, there’s a difference. Read More.
Student success comes first
Warm, welcoming, home-like environment
President practices an open-door policy
Staff assists you with financial aid and career placement services
Faculty members work with you so you're ready for a new career
Family-owned, so all decisions are made right on campus
Programs provide students access to the career training employers need
Degree and diploma programs provide preparation for more than 26 third-party certifications