Health Information Technology
- day classes available
- 18 months to complete (day)
A career in health information technology is a good choice—this career path has the job security of the medical field, thanks to advances in health care and medical technology. With a specialized degree from Keystone Technical Institute, you could gain the skills necessary to manage electronic health records and help medical facilities run as smoothly as possible for both patients and health care professionals.
Now is a great time to become a Certified Professional Coder. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, this career is currently in the midst of a job employment increase of 15 percent, which is more than twice as much as the average growth rate for all occupations. As the health care industry transitions to electronic systems for maintaining patients’ medical and treatment histories, there will be a need for professionals who are skilled in health information technology.
Why Choose Keystone Technical Institute for Your Health Information Technology Training?
With our training, you can learn all about anatomy and physiology, medical insurance and coding, law and ethics, medical terminology, office automation and much more. Plus, in just 18 months, you can prepare to take the Certified Professional Coder exam offered by the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) and earn your certification!
As a health information technology professional, you will ensure that medical information maintains its quality, accuracy, accessibility and security. You will need to be skilled in various classification systems, including ICD-10, to ensure the accuracy of patient information. This information will be used for insurance reimbursement, and databases and registries. The ability to adapt to advanced computer software and analyze electronic data is important for those pursuing a career in health information technology.
- Prep for certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) by the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Training in administrative professional skills in the medical field
- Training in medical insurance coding, medical billing, medical transcribing and medical assisting
- Knowledge in microcomputer usage, general math, grammar, customer service skills, ICD-10, and Electronic Record Management (ERM) systems
- Prep for the following certifications:
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) by the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Certified Billing and Coding (CBCS) by National Healthcareer Association
- Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) by National Healthcareer Association
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) by National Healthcareer Association
With Keystone Technical Institute, you don’t have to worry about entering your health information technology career unprepared. You will have the opportunity to develop the necessary skills for all aspects of the job—from ICD-10 to customer service, you’ll be confident in your abilities. If you’re ready to take the first step toward your new career, get started today!
KTI’s health information technology specialized degree program provides training for these careers and more.
KTI isn’t like every other career training school. Take some time to research other career schools and you’ll find that, at KTI, there’s a difference. Read More.
Student success comes first
Warm, welcoming, home-like environment
President practices an open-door policy
Staff assists you with financial aid and career placement services
Faculty members work with you so you're ready for a new career
Family-owned, so all decisions are made right on campus
Programs provide students access to the career training employers need
Degree and diploma programs provide preparation for more than 26 third-party certifications