KTI’s Requirements for Admission
To apply to KTI, all applicants must be beyond the age of compulsory school attendance; possess a high school diploma or equivalent (GED); apply pending graduation, if currently a high school senior; and sign an attestation regarding criminal background.
Applicants enrolling in one of the following programs:
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant Specialist
- Health Information Technology
- Holistic Health and Fitness Science
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Specialist
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- Professional Massage Therapy Specialist
- Sterile Processing Technician
…must complete the following:
- Pass a general physical and present a certification of physical by physician. This certification requires a general physical performed by the student’s physician and the physician’s signature or by a physician recommended by KTI and provide a completed physical form provided by KTI. (Any costs associated with the physical or having the form completed is an out of pocket expense for the student or as provided in the health fee.)
- Have documented proof of Hepatitis-B vaccination or agree to begin the series on or before the tenth day of class at the student’s expense or as provided in the health fee.
- Provide a negative or an inactive positive (with chest X-ray) TB Test result at the student’s expense or as provided in the health fee. The physical must be completed by the 10th day of class and must be current to within one month before program start date.
Expanded Function Dental Assistant (EFDA) Applicants must:
- Be a current Certified Dental Assistant or Registered Dental Assistant (American Medical Technologies) or Registered Hygienist OR
- Have a minimum of one year documented chair side dental assisting experience within the last three years OR
- Earned a dental assistant diploma or associate degree from an accredited institution within the last three years OR
- Earned a dental assistant diploma or associate degree from an accredited institution later than three years ago and have a minimum of one year documented chair side dental assisting experience within the last three years AND
- In addition to the requirements listed above, you will be required to present yourself for an interview with an Admissions Advisor, and pass an entrance exam with a minimum 70% score and present a high school diploma and/or GED.
Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam (SLE) or Wonderlic Basic Skills Verbal Test
Applicants enrolling in the following programs must achieve the indicated score on the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam (SLE) or Wonderlic Basic Skills Verbal Test.
|Program||Wonderlic Score||Verbal Level|
|Baking and Pastry||15||11th Grade|
|Baking and Pastry Arts with Management||15||11th Grade|
|Computer, Network and Cloud Technologies||15||11th Grade|
|Electrician: Lighting and Installation||15||11th Grade|
|Electrician: Residential and Commercial||15||11th Grade|
|Health Information Technology||15||11th Grade|
|Holistic Health and Fitness Science||15||11th Grade|
|Personal Fitness Trainer||15||11th Grade|
|Sterile Processing Technician||15||11th Grade|
Note: Student is responsible for any costs associated with acquiring proof of high school transcript or G.E.D.Note: It is understood that NO Title IV financial aid or PHEAA State Grants will be applied to the student’s account until these admission requirements are met.Have a question about our entrance requirements? Contact our admissions team at 717-652-6214.
KTI isn’t like every other career training school. Take some time to research other career schools and you’ll find that, at KTI, there’s a difference. Read More.
Student success comes first
Warm, welcoming, home-like environment
President practices an open-door policy
Staff assists you with financial aid and career placement services
Faculty members work with you so you're ready for a new career
Family-owned, so all decisions are made right on campus
Programs provide students access to the career training employers need
Degree and diploma programs provide preparation for more than 26 third-party certifications